Building software that enables commerce is a unique beast. The churn dynamics are different than traditional B2B SaaS. The go-to-market is different. The target customer is different. The integrations are different.
Pretty much everything about building software for merchants is different.
Which is why I've been an aggressive investor in this ecosystem. Typical angels and VCs do not understand commerce, Shopify, or the opportunity here.
I do. I built, scaled and sold Privy for 9 figures, which represented a 10X on invested capital. I've invested in the absolute best companies in this ecosystem. And there's no greater satisfaction I get than helping founders achieve their goals.
If you're building something special in commerce enablement, reach out.
We're happy to be the first check in or come in alongside a larger round.
Invest $10K-$100K in the best post-revenue, pre-series A, commerce related SaaS startups. Founders that are cash efficient, growing quickly, distribution focused and have low burn or are profitable.
Abra Aisle Arrive Awtomic Blue Onion Buncha Burst Chargeflow CreatorKit Disco Ecocart Endear Gadget Govalo HedgeHog Intelligems Junip Malomo Manufactured Mavi Microacquire Monocle Motion Peel Platter PostPilot Postscript ReBuy Showdrop Soona Social Snowball Spellbound Tempo Videowise Vigilance
Required reading before we begin working together.
Reading these will help both of us work together more efficiently.
- Monthly update template. Ideally you are already in a cadence of sending a monthly update. If not, its the single most valuable way to get any stakeholder up to date and tracking business progress. Reading these regularly is how I'll be able to add the most value and help the most.
- Getting your first X customers. Zero excuse for not getting customers in this day and age. This post is about how we got our first 1,000 shopify stores to download Privy. Please demonstrate progress here. You can find your target customer online today, in a million places, actively talking about the problem you're trying to solve. Find those conversations, and start contributing to the conversation.
- The right way to build product and market your product. It's a simple cycle, but very few companies actually do this.
- How I think about product driving growth through integrations. I refer to this anytime people ask me how we grew so quickly.
- How we succeeded on the app store. The shopify app store has changed a ton, but there's still tremendous value in optimizing your listing.
- How I raised money (including pitch decks). It'll give you a sense of what I expect to see, story telling and traction.
- The process I used to sell the company. Being strategic about this, and spending time here was a big reason for why we were able to architect a competitive acquisition for 9 figures.